Cadbury Creme Egg One Pan Brownies
Are you crazy for the ooey gooey, creamy deliciousness of Cadbury Creme Eggs? Treat your friends and family to the chocolatey goodness of these eggstra-specialCadbury Creme Egg One Pan Brownies.
These are an adaptation of my mom's one pan brownie recipe which is made a lot in my home because they are super easy to bake and you only have one spoon to wash (and a bowl if you make icing). Because there is only dry ingredients to measure, I don't wash the measuring cups - I just wipe them out with a paper towel.
To make these Cadbury Creme Egg Brownies, I added a package of frozen Mini Cadbury Creme Eggs to the batter and made a Cadbury Creme Egg Icing from a couple of the larger Cadbury Creme Eggs. Using frozen chocolate eggs keeps them intact and prevents them from melting before the batter has set.
These moist brownies ooze creamy chocolate eggs in every bite for the most unbelievable sweet treat ever! They are so rich and filling, you only need a small piece to satisfy even the most extreme sweet tooth.
They are a bit expensive to make, but they are sooo worth treating your loved ones to an eggstra-special dessert for Easter.
I hope you enjoy these Cadbury Creme Egg One Pan Brownies as much as my family did. Thank goodness Cadbury Creme Eggs are only available during the Spring, otherwise I would be tempted to bake these a little too often!
If you think these look good, you have to check out the Cadbury Creme Egg Popsicles we made! They are eggalicious!
- Prep time: 20 min
- Cook time: 25 min
- Ready in: 45 min
- Yields: 16
- Cadbury Creme Egg One Pan Brownies:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 300 g Mini Cadbury Creme Eggs, frozen
- Cadbury Creme Egg Icing:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 2 regular sized Cadbury Creme Eggs
- (optional) 2 regular sized Cadbury Creme Eggs for garnishing the top
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Remove the wrappers from the mini eggs and place them back in the freezer.
- Place an oven safe 8" x 8" baking pan on a burner on top of the stove on medium heat.
- Melt the butter being careful not to let it burn.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the sugar and cocoa and mix.
- Stir in the eggs and vanilla.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt and mix well.
- Place Mini Cadbury Creme Eggs about one inch apart, spaced evenly in the batter.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Make the icing: Blend the butter, Cadbury Creme Eggs and icing sugar with an electric hand mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Allow to cool completely before icing.
- Optional: Chop two more Creme Eggs to sprinkle on top.
- Cut into 16 pieces.
Other Cadbury Creme Egg Products You Can Use Instead
These are the traditional Cadbury Creme Eggs I have loved since I was a child. The Easter bunny always left me one in my basket!
The same chocolaty and creamy goodness of the eggs made into a candy bar. Very cool!
© 2014 Corrinna Johnson
You can help the HubPages community highlight top quality content by ranking this article up or down.